Here is a great EASY new recipe I just found for Roasted Candied Nuts. These delicious treats can be made with any type nuts you like (I've done cashews, walnuts, and pecans) and they make the house smell heavenly. Clean up is a snap and I have yet to meet a person who didn't like these.
Roasted Candied Nuts
4 cups unsalted nuts, raw or already roasted
half stick salted butter
1 egg white
1 cup sugar
1 Tbs cinnamon
1 Tbs vanilla (I use vanilla powder but liquid will work fine)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Cover cookie sheet in foil. Place butter on foil and stick in oven (while preheating) to melt.
2. Put egg white, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a bowl.
3. Use a hand mixer with the whisk attachment and beat everything until well mixed and about doubled in volume.
4. Pour in nuts. Toss until each one is fully coated.
5. Take cookie sheet out of the oven. Spread melted butter all over the foil, covering every spot.
6. Spread nut mixture in a single layer on the sheet, being careful not to rub the sugar off of the nuts.
7. Cook for 45 minutes, stirring after 25 and 35 with a spatula. Don't overwork it.
Serve and enjoy the praise. Eat them hot or cooled. Store them in an airtight container after cooled and they will last at least a week but I'm not positive about that since none I've made have ever lasted longer than 3 days.
You are welcome.