This is my first post as a Romance Trooper. I'm so happy to meet you all. To introduce myself, I'll tell you what I'm up to and why I'm so crazy busy:
1. Birthday celebrationMy son just celebrated his third birthday! He requested chocolate cake with blue frosting, marshmallows, and carrots on top. I don't own cake pans, but anyone who knows me knows I'm crazy about cupcakes. In fact, my critique group is called The Cupcake Crew, LOL!
So I made the boy cupcakes yesterday, and he loved them! So did the whole family. Success!
One item checked off my to-do list!
2. Box setLast month, I was invited to participate in a box set of 10 sizzling contemporary romances. Not only was this a great honor, but it's been a whirlwind of making new friends, learning even more about self-publishing, and gearing up for a huge promotion push as our Passionate Kisses team hopes to land on a big bestseller list with this exciting set that will be perfect for summer beach reading.
Don't be shy. Mark Passionate Kisses "To Read" on Goodreads, and the good folks at GR will remind you when release date (June 23rd) comes around. Or you could subscribe to my newsletter, and I'll kindly let you know when pre-ordering begins.
3. RedecoratingI painted my son's room for his birthday and ended up with some kind of weird injury to my neck and shoulders that manifests in a constant tension headache. I suspect all the time I spend slouched on the couch (aka my office) using my laptop isn't helping. I'm planning to squeeze in a chiropractor visit this week to see if an adjustment will help. With my luck, it'll be a series of adjustments that are needed, and I will have to find the time for these in between my mommy and writing duties.
The things we do for our little ones, LOL!
There's also a big kitchen remodel on the horizon for my family. We are LONG overdue for a new kitchen. I'll probably be the one handling the remodel since I'm home with the kids, but I'm nervous. It's a lot of money, a lot of permits, etc., and a lot of time. But I'm so excited at the same time. I just hope I can fit the remodel in without having to sacrifice too much writing time.
4. Kindergarten graduationMy daughter is soon-to-be five years old. She is an adorable sweet pea and has just graduated from K4. I took time away from the laptop to go to her graduation. It was so fun. The kids all sang (kind of terribly), and everyone got at least one award (Sarah got 3 for being helpful, doing all her homework, and having a picture perfect smile:-))
5. Awarding Prizes for a giveawayI have a new release out, The Wolf and the Highlander. It's the second in my Highland Wishes series and features a kilted wolf-man with an enormous axe (and he knows how to use it). Feel free to read between the lines on that little metaphor, LOL!
I just wrapped up a giveaway in which three winners took home free ebooks and gift cards. I love doing giveaways. I get to meet so many wonderful people and I always get new newsletter subscribers. To peek at the prizes and winners of my latest giveaway, hop over to my blog.
|David and Goliath illustration |
by: "David and Goliath by Robert Temple Ayres"
by Fried Dough , Flickr
6. Keeping up with the newsIn my pre-writer life, I was a communications major and an audiologist. As part of my communications training, I learned to love the news. I like knowing what's going on. Not a day goes by that I don't read the paper or watch the news on TV so I can be informed about what's happening around the world and in my not-so-little town (Seattle).
In today's Seattle Times, there's an article that I found fascinating not only as an author but as an independently-published author with Amazon. Here's the link to the online version of the article if you'd like to check it out. It's a little scary, a little anger-inducing, a little overwhelming.
Essentially, Amazon is throwing its weight around my making it difficult (read impossible) for customers to buy the latest releases from Hatchet Book Group. This includes JK Rowling's new release published under her pseudonym Robert Galbraith.
I confirmed Seattle Times's claim that you can't pre-order the hardcover of Rowling's latest, The Silkworm. It's true. Here's the link to The Silkworm's Amazon product page, and here's the link to it's Barnes&Noble page, where you can pre-order The Silkworm with the click of a button.
7. Writing new stuffThis is the thing that keeps getting shoved to the back burner. It's also the thing that keeps me sane. I should make it more of a priority, especially since I have fans waiting for Highland Wishes book 3 (Which I have a pitiful two chapters written of).
So now you know why I'm feeling a little crazy these days. Kids, home improvement, writing, publishing, promotion... There is a lot on my plate. But you know what? I'm having a blast. I wouldn't change a thing about my life.
So what do YOU do to keep yourself sane when your to-do list gets out of control? Leave a comment so I can meet you and chat.
Thanks for reading!
To learn more about me and my books, visit my website or blog.